Here are some general tips and reminders to make your life safer and more secure inside and outside Benilde:
[PDF] Benilde Transportation and Parking Space Guidelines
- Learn the College’s emergency procedures and locate the emergency exits throughout the campuses.
- Review the College’s protocol and procedures on emergency situations as indicated on the Benilde Student Handbook.
- Always have a copy of the emergency numbers with you. Save these numbers on your mobile device.
- Participate in the College’s emergency and safety drills.
- If you see something suspicious or out of place, do not hesitate to report to CEMSS personnel.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Stay alert and avoid being preoccupied when in public areas.
- Do not panic when in an emergency situation.
- When moving from one campus to another, always travel with a companion. Stick to well-lit areas and use the E-Jeep shuttle service.
- Secure your personal belongings. Avoid carrying excessive amount of cash.
- Avoid sharing your personal information.
When you are outside the campus, the following are suggested safety practices that you can observe:
- Avoid using your mobile phone when walking along the street.
- If you must use your phone, stop and look for a safe place to do so.
- Carry your purse or bag close to your body, preferably in your front.
- Put your wallet in your pant’s front pocket.
- Avoid overloading yourself with hand-carried items.
- Keep your hands as free as possible.
- If you sense that you are being followed, cross the street and go to the nearest establishment. Call the College’s security office for immediate assistance.
- If someone threatens you with a weapon and demands for your belongings, do not resist. Your safety and well-being are more important than your belongings.
- Consider carrying a whistle or alarm/warning device that can be used to attract attention for help in times of danger.