How can design shape the way we live?
The Bachelor of Science in Interior Design program explores spaces where people live, work, and play. Behind every complementing shape, light, color, and surface is a meticulous Benildean designer who makes interiors sustainable, useful and delightful to those who inhabit them.
This course is for you if you want to create beautiful and functional spaces that enhance the lifestyle of its users. You will learn to:
• design original and innovative interior design through an Evidence-Based Design Process;
• create appropriate interior design solutions that reflect analytical and critical thinking integrating different theories, current and relevant issues, and design philosophies of the industry;
• articulate design concepts and strategies using latest developments and technology in Interior Design;
• identify available local and international materials and utilities, and their properties, treatments, finishes and processes, for selection & specification in construction, to address various issues such as sustainability, Universal Design and aesthetics, period styles and colors, and building laws, through research and sourcing;
• generate designs that adhere to local and international industry standards and best practices;
• demonstrate proficiency in written, oral and graphic forms to address specific interior design issues and concerns, using language and medium that is understandable to the target audience;
• formulate designs that adhere to applicable codes and guided by the Benildean Core values to address, preserve, and promote ethical, environmental, historical, social and cultural issues, validating human dignity; and
• apply a multi-disciplinary and collaborative framework and engagement process between client and user and other allied professionals to achieve a smoother design-build process in the industry.
Interior Landscape Designer
Interior Design Educator
Lighting Design Specialist
See what our students have to share about being enrolledin the program.
Take it from the experts. Our faculty members explain how students can make a sustainable career in their chosen program.
Our program chair gives a brief explanation of the program.