What else can you sink your teeth into?
The HRIM-Culinary Arts Track equips you with the fundamentals of food preparation and food service. It sharpens your management and critical thinking skills for you to become chefs, managers, and leaders in the industry.
This course is for you if you want to create food that nourishes the eyes, the stomach and the soul. You will learn to:
• understand and appreciate the unique characteristics of international cuisine;
• create and prepare new dishes using traditional and experimental methods;
• work in a professional kitchen using the latest tools and equipment to prepare a variety of dishes while observing sanitation, safety and hygiene;
• apply butchery and fishmongery skills; and
• exercise your profession and manage your business profitably by using contemporary financial management, entrepreneurship, franchising and small business management practices.
Chef de Partie
Research and Development Chef
See what our students have to share about being enrolled in the program.
Take it from the experts. Our faculty members explain how students can make a sustainable career in their chosen program.
Our program chair gives a brief explanation of the program.