master in international business
PROGRAM LENGTH: 5 TRIMESTERS
The Master in International Business (MIB) is a one-year degree graduate program for businessmen and professional managers who want to make their firms more competitive in the local market, expand their operations outside the Philippines, or make their market position stronger in the international or global markets. Whether thesis-track or non-thesis track, the MIB program provide graduate students the hard skills in managing the operational as well as the strategic aspects of the business in an ever challenging and dynamic markets.
leaders are conquerors
This course is for you if you aim to transform your company to become a global brand. You will learn to:
- manifest awareness of own norms, values and behavior and shows tact and sensitivity towards others by practicing good manners, celebrating traditional holidays and celebrations, reading related literatures, and observing and listening to foreigners to facilitate smooth entry of markets;
- explain differences between national, organizational, and occupational
cultures using standard frameworks to promote employee flexibility
in dealing with the different publics;
- develop appropriate strategies for adapting to the differences brought about by multicultural and diverse environments using external analytical framework to ensure smooth entries to foreign markets;
- acquire intercultural adaptability by reading, analyzing, and solving local and international cases to develop flexibility in penetrating markets;
- lead discussions, express ones’ ideas, make proposals, draft reports, and give presentations using electronic hardware and word processing and presentation software to gain acceptance and support;
- apply communication theories in approaching stakeholders using the most appropriate medium to convey messages and information the clearest possible way to facilitate approval;
- acquire the appropriate ethical values central to the communication discipline guided by ethical theories to promote goodwill among stakeholders;
- develop new product concepts incorporating the use of local materials found only in the Philippines to achieve differentiation in penetrating global markets;
- ensure successful new product launches through extensive blueprinting, tests and experimentation, and prototyping to achieve first mover advantage;
- apply the use of the latest technologies in new product development through research, partnerships, and alliances to speed up product launches;
- create new product development policies using sustainability and environment protection as core elements for the benefits of society and the next generation;
- develop an environment monitoring system using internal as well as external networks to detect early signal of change to be ahead of competitors;
- assess global opportunities and threats in the light of the company’s strengths and weaknesses to develop the most appropriate and feasible strategies to achieve and sustain market competitiveness;
- develop marketing programs using both digital and traditional tools to facilitate market entries and minimize risks;
- develop corporate social responsibility program by integrating in the business plan innovative benefits for employees, use of small suppliers, hiring of PWD, and allocation of a certain percentage of the company income to social causes to promote loyalty among employees, and increase company social capital and as a share to nation building;
- integrate continuous learning as one of the organization’s performance criteria by specifying performance metrics to ensure organizational member compliance and control; and
- adopt as policy the consistent achievement of continuous learning targets as prerequisite to promotion by including that provision in the contract to sustain the organization’s competitiveness.
we define leadership
The School of Management and Information Technology (SMIT) offers business programs that are reflective of today’s industry in a technology-driven environment.
In SMIT, classes are facilitated in an environment where learning happens in the collaboration among faculty members, students and the associates.
SMIT students are honed to be not only professionally competent but also responsible professionals, business leaders, and entrepreneurs who value diversity and continuous learning through innovation.
what's the latest?
take it from the experts
Learn the trade and secrets from the industry leaders themselves. Majority in our faculty roster are seasoned industry practitioners who can help you understand the practical application of business theories and textbook lessons.
get a headstart on technology
Learn the ropes of getting jobs done with the help of the technology that is relevant to your chosen industry. Business and programming applications like SPSS, SQL, SAP, Eclipse, JDK, Apache Tomcat, Android Studio, Visual Studio, ArchiMate, Dia Portable, XAMPP, and the like are essential parts of harnessing the full potential of your future career.
Our computer labs also boast exclusive hardwares and up-to-date configuration.
enrich your global perspective
SMIT promotes international exposure to students for them to enrich their global perspective of their courses. As part of their experiential learning, the following are offered across all SMIT programs.
- Osgood International Program – Washington D.C. U.S.A.
- Wakayama Intercultural Program – Japan
- Malaysian Export Academy – Malaysia
These are all OPTIONAL since related expenses (i.e. program fees, airfare, accommodation, living expenses, etc.) are not part of the regular tuition and fees.
Educational Tours are subject to CHED regulations. Tour destinations are also subject to change.
Benilde Center for Admissions
2544 Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila, Philippines 1004
Facebook: DLS-CSB Admissions Center
For admissions-related inquiries, contact us at (63) 2 8230 5100 local 1801 or Viber us: 09452788877 (Ms. Claire) / 09496683082 (Mr. Paulo) / 09452785612 (Ms. Lhor)
Do you need help?