bachelor of arts in governance and public affairs
PROGRAM LENGTH: 9 TRIMESTERS
The Bachelor of Arts in Governance and Public Affairs program combines the philosophy of liberal arts education, social sciences and practical aspects of public affairs management. The program will prepare you for management and technical careers in public policy and program administration in the government, private, NGOs, international organizations and humanitarian agencies.
Public Administrator, Policy Officer/Analyst, Programme/Project, Manager Legal Officer, Political Scientist, Protocol Officer, Public Affairs Officer, Researcher, Academician, Civil Servant, Conference Organizer, Development Worker
good governance is the pillar of nation-building
This course is for you if you possess the desire for public service. You will learn to:
- classify and compare the nature, concepts, and processes of governance and public affairs and international relations;
- apply high ethical values for public service and accountability (guided by Lasallian Core Values); and
- implement strong sense of duty to promote the interests and human rights of the disadvantaged in society.
for the future guardians and movers of the world
The School of Diplomacy and Governance (SDG) is one of the latest additions to the learner-centered and industry-focused schools within the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde. SDG was created to respond to the changing times, brought about by Globalization and the Fourth Industrial Revolution, the Benildean-Lasallian way.
what's the latest?
we lay the foundations of servant-leaders
Former career ambassadors assigned in Asia, the Middle East, and Europe make up half of our faculty. Some are also still active in the field of diplomacy and international relations as consultants, examiners, policy advisers and the like.
Faculty members are required to undergo a number of trainings or workshops on online teaching, inclusion, teaching methodologies, and classroom management. Further, they are also assigned to serve as Research Coordinator, Thesis Adviser, Practicum Coordinator, or Academic Adviser to facilitate student formation and learning.
co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Benilde Model United Nations
- Diplomatic League Global Summit
- Harvard World Model United Nations
- National Model United Nations
- Open Trade Asia Negotiations Simulation
- POSIBLE: An SDG Youth Action Building Workshop
Research Conferences / Colloquia
- SDG Research Colloquium Annual
- Annual Conference on the Muslim World
- Philippine Society for Public Administration
- Harvard College Project for Asian and International Relations
- The WGI Global Leadership Program
- Strasbourg Immersion Program
- Spain Immersion Program
- Chinese Summer Camp
- LEADers in Diplomacy
- Central Student Government-SDG
our global partners widen our reach
SDG reaffirms its dedication to diversifying learning opportunities for students by actively seeking, engaging, and collaborating with partner organizations in various part of the globe.
Benilde Center for Admissions
2544 Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila, Philippines 1004
Facebook: DLS-CSB Admissions Center
For admissions-related inquiries, contact us at (63) 2 8230 5100 local 1801 or Viber us: 09452788877 (Ms. Claire) / 09496683082 (Mr. Paulo) / 09452785612 (Ms. Lhor)
Do you need help?