bachelor of science in interior design
PROGRAM LENGTH: 11 TRIMESTERS
The Bachelor of Science in Interior Design program explores spaces where people live, work, and play. Behind every complementing shape, light, color, and surface is a meticulous Benildean designer who makes interiors sustainable, useful and delightful to those who inhabit them.
Interior Designer, Exhibition Designer, Furniture Designer, Interior Landscape Designer, Project Manager-Interiors, Design Journalist, Interior Design Educator, Events Stylist, Set Designer, Visual Merchandiser, Lighting Design Specialist, Construction Manager, Heritage Conservationist
how can design shape the way we live?
This course is for you if you want to create beautiful and functional spaces that enhance the lifestyle of its users. You will learn to:
- design original and innovative interior design through an Evidence-Based Design Process;
- create appropriate interior design solutions that reflect analytical and critical thinking integrating different theories, current and relevant issues, and design philosophies of the industry;
- articulate design concepts and strategies using latest developments and technology in Interior Design;
- identify available local and international materials and utilities, and their properties, treatments, finishes and processes, for selection & specification in construction, to address various issues such as sustainability, Universal Design and aesthetics, period styles and colors, and building laws, through research and sourcing;
- generate designs that adhere to local and international industry standards and best practices;
- demonstrate proficiency in written, oral and graphic forms to address specific interior design issues and concerns, using language and medium that is understandable to the target audience;
- formulate designs that adhere to applicable codes and guided by the Benildean Core values to address, preserve, and promote ethical, environmental, historical, social and cultural issues, validating human dignity; and
- apply a multi-disciplinary and collaborative framework and engagement process between client and user and other allied professionals to achieve a smoother design-build process in the industry.
to the inventive, unicorns can be real
The School of Design and Arts (SDA) offers a wide scope of degree programs in specialized creative disciplines that meet the demands of today’s information driven world.
As prerequisite to the major design subjects, SDA students undergo art exposure and exploration with accomplished artists and scholars of the Design Foundation Program.
Hands on, unconventional approaches to meaningful projects allow young creatives to enhance their visual vocabulary, conceptualization and creation skills to prepare them for their major subjects.
what's the latest?
The Design and Arts Campus, a 14-storey academic complex, is one big playground for creative minds and a venue that stimulates students to think out of the box, shift perspectives, and innovate ideas.
primed to be in their prime
SDA Programs are supplemented by various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities where students are encouraged to join.
These activities are designed to let the students experience real-world application of their learnings in their programs.
Benilde Center for Admissions
2544 Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila, Philippines 1004
Facebook: DLS-CSB Admissions Center
For admissions-related inquiries, contact us at (63) 2 8230 5100 local 1801 or Viber us: 09452788877 (Ms. Claire) / 09496683082 (Mr. Paulo) / 09452785612 (Ms. Lhor)
Do you need help?