bachelor of science in international hospitality management
PROGRAM LENGTH: 11 TRIMESTERS
For students of Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management, one degree is not enough. They earn Philippine and French bachelor’s degrees and benefit from Vatel International Business School’s worldwide network of schools recognized for international programs in business, hotel and tourism management.
Banquet Sales Manager, Events Manager, Executive Housekeeper, Front Desk Agent, Front Desk Manager, F&B Manager, Hotel General Manager, Hotelier, Reservations Agent, Resident Manager, Sales Manager, Concierge, Revenue Manager, Cost Controller, Public Relations Manager
go the distance.
This course is for you if you love to travel and hope to encourage that same love in every traveler. You will learn to:
- manage effectively and efficiently hotels, restaurants, and institutional foodservice units to address organizational challenges and issues, propose strategies, find opportunities, and make rational decisions through applicable management principles;
- conceptualize creative ideas to innovate for product and process improvement using evidence-based practices and the latest technological advancement in response to industry related concerns;
- assess the needs of internal & external customers in order to exceed service expectations by applying established customer service principles;
- demonstrate teamwork and collaboration in providing solutions to issues and challenges in the tourism industry that constructively and proactively build on strengths and overcome weaknesses;
- articulate ideas and opinions to attain proficiency in more than two languages to address industry needs through effective verbal and non-verbal communication;
- create new business ventures based on data, current events and industry trends to develop entrepreneurial skills through the application of management principles in activities that support nation building;
- exhibit interpersonal and communication skills necessary in dealing with a culturally diverse environment through exposure to different languages, cultural protocols, and traditions experienced inside and outside the classroom;
- demonstrate the Lasallian and Benildean Core Values to exemplify high level of self-worth and actualization by participating in nation-building and value forming advocacies;
- demonstrate professional stance, bearing and decorum to exude professionalism according to hospitality industry dress code and grooming standards;
- exhibit flexibility and high level of performance to respond appropriately to critical service scenarios by adjusting to the needs of the situation; and
- apply specialized / technical knowledge, skills, and abilities in front office operations, professional housekeeping, and food & beverage service to conform to internationally acceptable service standards by employing current industry methods, technology, practices, and trends.
industry practice is our bread and butter
The School of Hotel, Restaurant and Institution Management (SHRIM) primes future hoteliers, restaurateurs, and hospitality managers for the rigors and precision of the hospitality industry.
SHRIM is the first and only hotel school in the Philippines to be awarded a Level IV accreditation by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU), and also one of the few schools that have been conferred as a Center for Excellence in Hotel and Restaurant Management by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). Furthermore, the School is a Certified Guest Service Property granted by the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute or AHLEI.
what's the latest?
SHRIM adheres to the philosophy that superior education culminates in practice. Our campus, the Angelo King International Center (AKIC), houses industry standard kitchen laboratories where students apply what they learned through hands-on experience.
Just as salt and pepper are fundamentals of flavor, a balance between theory and practice are the foundations of our discipline. This is the reason why SHRIM invests heavily in industry standard laboratory facilities and training facilities internally called Hatcheries. These include a 50-room 4-star hotel, a travel & tours office, a fine dining French restaurant, a gourmet cafe, an off-premise catering unit, and a cafeteria and quick service food facility. These hatcheries do not only teach the necessary skills but also the important components of operations, marketing and entrepreneurship.
industry on detour
Now a trillion dollar industry, world tourism experienced a 4% growth in 2019. The continued growth of Philippine Tourism is stimulating a lot of investment in the hotel sector. As a country, we have achieved our forecast in 2019 with 8.26 million tourists representing 15.24% increase. The revenues we received from both international and domestic tourism contributed 12.7% to our GDP in 2019.
Dubbed as the Golden Era of Hotel Construction, the years of 2018 to 2021 are exciting years for the Philippine hotel industry. About 8,000 hotel rooms will be added to the country’s hotel room inventory. Property giants and hotel brands are slated to open new properties in the country in the coming years, which leads to job opportunities in the industry.
In the first two months of 2020, the Philippines already surpassed its tourism targets for the first quarter of the year. And then COVID-19 happened.
The tourism industry has been crippled by this pandemic but history has proven that the industry always bounces back. Ultimately, we see this pandemic as an opportunity to reshape the industry to embrace new products, for new destinations to emerge, to create new experiences, and move towards sustainability and a new model for tourism.
4-star hotel with 5-star experience
Inside the AKIC Campus is a 4-star hotel with restaurants and banquet halls where students, mentored by hotel staff, render duty to practice hotel and hospitality service on real hotel guests.
c'est la "V"!
Benilde offers the first international double-degree program in the Philippines under the new transnational guidelines of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
This is made possible through the partnership with Vatel Hotel & Tourism Business School, a recognized and highly reputable hotel-school in France.
Furthermore, Vatel Restaurant Manila, serving as the premier restaurant of Hotel Benilde, serves French cuisine for dining and caters to special banquets and events.
glazed with experiential learning
SHRIM students can appreciate their program better through experiential learning that’s why SHRIM encourages participation in many co-curricular activities. They are immersed through industry events that expose them to current and upcoming trends and let them meet professionals who can share trade secrets.
co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
International Exchange and Internship
All students may spend 6-12 months in a luxury hotel or resort in the US through our partner, the International Trainee Network (ITN). They may also spend 4-5 months in Jumeirah owned hotels/resorts in Dubai in collaboration with the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management (EAHM).
Culinary students may participate in 5-month program in Italy either through the Italian Culinary Institute for Foreigners (ICIF) or the Italian Food Style Education (IFSE).
IHM students may spend a term or two in a partner Vatel Campus through the Marco Polo Program. They can also take their first practicum in Nimes, Frances through Vatel Nimes.
Local and International Educational Tours
SHRIM encourages participation in local and/or international educational tours as part of experiential learning.
Some classes that have tours are the following:
- PTOUR-1 Bohol
- PTOUR-2 Korea
- ASIANCU Thailand
- FILCUI2 Quezon
- WINEAPP Paris-Bordeaux
- BARMGM2 Paris-Bordeaux
- ECOTOUR Palawan
- LEISMGT Sorsogon
- WORLD02 Paris
These are all OPTIONAL since related expenses (i.e. program fees, airfare, accommodation, living expenses, etc.) are not part of the regular tuition and fees.
Educational Tours and Internship subject to CHED regulations. Tour destinations are also subject to change.
Benilde Center for Admissions
2544 Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila, Philippines 1004
Facebook: DLS-CSB Admissions Center
For admissions-related inquiries, contact us at (63) 2 8230 5100 local 1801 or Viber us: 09452788877 (Ms. Claire) / 09496683082 (Mr. Paulo) / 09452785612 (Ms. Lhor)
Do you need help?